Lets talk for a minute about gut health! Though many things affect our gut health, one small thing you can do to improve yours is eating more vegetables and eat a wide range of them (meaning don’t just eat the same veggies over and over again). Pre and probiotics are also great–especially in natural forms like kimchi, kefir, or fermented veggies.
This meal is veggie packed and gut health friendly. You can make this vegan by skipping the bacon, or using vegan bacon. Feel free to make this your own by adding in whatever extra veggies you’d like!
PS: I love seeing your food photos on Instagram! Tag @TheWholesomeFig and #TWFeats to be featured on my page!
Honey Mustard Veggie Buddha Bowl
For the Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup raw or frozen butternut squash peeled and diced
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa 1 cup quinoa to 1.5 cups liquid, directions on package
- 2-4 slices bacon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup spinach or romaine (for salad base, do not cook)
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash and diced mushrooms, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, onions and bacon
- Place vegetables and bacon on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mixed together
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes
- While your vegetables bake, cook quinoa per package directions
- Next, prepare your dressing by adding all ingredients into a clean bowl and whisking together
- Once the vegetables are done, assemble your bowl. Start with spinach or romaine, then top with quinoa, vegetables and bacon. Add dressing, mix together and enjoy!