What can I say about this dessert? Should I talk about its creamy, sweet goodness, it’s simplicity, or the fact that it’s actually healthy for you?! This dip has always been a crowd pleaser for me to bring to parties. It’s also kid approved and they won’t know that they’re getting fiber, protein, folate and iron from the chickpeas! I hope that you love this as much as I do!
PS: I love seeing your food photos on Instagram! Tag @TheWholesomeFig and #TWFeats to be featured on my page!
Cookie Dough Hummus
- Food processor (or blender)
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tbsp ice water can also use almond/coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips*
- In your food processor, blend all ingredients except for chocolate chips until it is smooth, scraping batter from sides as needed.
- Stop to taste batter and add more peanut butter if desired
- Transfer to a clean bowl or glass container
- Using a spoon, stir in ½ cup chocolate chips
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Serve with apple slices, banana, strawberries, graham crackers, etc or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days in a sealed container