I’m not sure about you but I absolutely love oats! Eating the same bowl of oatmeal over and over can become redundant though— so why not try something new? Toast your oats! It’s basically like making a quicker granola, without the oven.
PS: I love seeing your food photos on Instagram! Tag @TheWholesomeFig and #TWFeats to be featured on my page!
Toasted Pumpkin Seed & Hemp Heart Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- On medium heat in clean skillet, melt coconut oil
- Next, add oats, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds
- Saute and stir around the pan
- Next, add in maple syrup and continue stirring
- Cook for another minute or until oats become toasted but make sure not to burn them!
- Let cool then top with your favorite yogurt or add nuts and raisins for a delicious trail mix!